CAB

Don't Breathe a Word: A Novel
Jennifer McMahon
Progress: 51 %

Blood Hunt

Blood Hunt - L.L. Raand This is the second book in a new series. The first is “The Midnight Hunt.”

The synopsis on the Boldstrokes website is:

“Sylvan, the Wolf Were Alpha, forges an uneasy alliance with Vampire Detective Jody Gates, heir to a powerful Vampire clan, to battle a shadow army of humans and rogue Praeterns bent on destroying any hope of legal acceptance of the non-human species. With outside forces threatening to destroy the Praetern Coalition, several female Were adolescents turn up missing and chaos descends upon Sylvan's personal guards when Sylvan and her new mate are overtaken by breeding frenzy. While Sylvan struggles to protect her Pack, Jody fights her destiny as well as her growing hunger for human reporter, Becca Land.”

Although I think it helps if you enjoy scifi/paranormal stories I don’t think is a requirement to enjoy this book, but I would recommend reading the series in order.

One of the nice things about this book/series is the way the characters and storyline develop. It’s written in such a way that it’s easy to just accept that Sylvan, Drake, and Jodi are who they are without over thinking the vampire, werewolf, and human triangle. They are well written, likeable, and engaging characters.

I’m looking forward to seeing what happens next.