CAB

Jennifer McMahon
Progress: 51 %

White Cat

White Cat - Holly Black Book Description from Amazon.com
“Cassel comes from a family of curse workers—people who have the power to change your emotions, your memories, your luck, all by the slightest touch of their hands. Since curse work is illegal, they’re all criminals. But not Cassel. He hasn’t got the magic touch, so he’s an outsider—the straight kid in a crooked family—as long as you ignore one small detail: He killed his best friend, Lila. Now he is sleepwalking, propelled into the night by terrifying dreams about a white cat. He also notices that his brothers are keeping secrets from him. As Cassel begins to suspect he’s part of one huge con game, he must unravel his past and his memories. To find out the truth, Cassel will have to out con the conmen.”

Review:
This book is technically written for the YA audience but I think anyone who enjoys paranormal/fantasy storylines will also enjoy this one. The story is told from Cassel’s point of view and the plot twists get more complex as you get deeper into the story. It’s well written and engaging. This is the 1st in the series of Curse Worker stories. Will I read the next one? I’ll say yes, although I plan on reading some other things beforehand.