CAB

Don't Breathe a Word: A Novel
Jennifer McMahon
Progress: 51 %

Ever After

Ever After - Kim Harrison Ever After is the 11th book in The Hallows/Rachel Morgan series. Throughout the series the reader watches Rachel struggle and grow in both her powers and her maturity. However, this feels like the first time that Rachel has really come into her own, and making decisions while considering the consequences and potential impact on the people she cares about. Both Jenks and Ivy have limited roles in this novel, Ivy is very limited but it fits the plot and carries through from the last book “A Perfect Blood” in demonstrating how their relationship dynamic is changing. In some ways the change in the dynamic makes me a little sad but at the same time the continued maturity of Rachel and her changing relationship with Trent, Al, and Newt make up for the feeling of loss.

I don’t want to leave any spoilers in this review but I will say there is plenty of unexpected turmoil and betrayal. It’s rare that I ever go back and read a book but I am seriously considering re-reading the prior 2 books, Pale Demon and A Perfect Blood just to see if I missed anything.