CAB

Don't Breathe a Word: A Novel
Jennifer McMahon
Progress: 51 %

The Path Not Chosen

The Path Not Chosen - Q.C. Masters I have to admit to having a like/hate relationship with this book. The author did a great job of grabbing the reader and engaging them into the story from the onset. Paige is a sheltered young woman and after entering college is faced with coming to terms with her attraction to her attraction to her roommate and the subsequent romance that ensues. The process is anything but smooth. The problem is that the author throws everything but the kitchen sink at Paige and Alyssa: coming out, parental rejection, alcoholism, health issues, jealousy. With so many significant issues being introduced throughout the story the resolutions or lack thereof felt somewhat superficial.

Having said all of that, as I was reading this I thought that perhaps this book was intended for a younger group who would enjoy the sex scenes and gloss over the other aspects. Masters style of writing was engaging and I suspect that as she publishes more her stories will only continue to be better.